Saturday, January 16

the eventful (?) starcity night, and the 6+ hours M>R

So Thursday was Katie's birthday dinner at 3one7 in Parramatta. Then we headed to 'The Chocolate Room' where some of Katie's school friends prepared a cake for her, made of small chocolate pieces with all these intricate patterns and shapes for each individual one. But instead of trying to explain it, heres a picture.

So after that, Aaron was driving me home and we were passing through Darling Harbour and Starcity (sort of) so we decided to go see around. I'd only ever been to Starcity as a child (about 10 years ago. wow......i      am    ancient.) for the food/buffet. So Aaron showed me the REAL life of Starcity. Being there for the first time, i was feeling somewhat bubbly and excited, like a child when their icecream's JUST been given to them. Overall it was a good night. We played a bit of Roulette in which Aaron won some money. I wont say how much because I don't want to sound like I'm encouraging you to gamble - WHICH I AM NOT. Its a depressing place, the casino. ruins families and lives. don't go there. I wish I had taken a couple of photos of the place before I left. Ehh


On Friday, I spent the day cooking from before noon, till 6pm straight.
(the M>R in the title is supposed to read 'MKR' for My Kitchen Rules. kapish? :P)
So we headed to the fishmarket to start with early in the morning. 
Boy did I see some weird fish. Check this one out.

The photo on the bottom is a zoom version of the fish on the right in the top photo. Check out how strange the mouth and the eyes look. Is it deformed you ask? NOPE. All of those species of fish looked like that! 


Then I saw a calamari that got caught by fishermen whilst eating a fish. haha



The next photo is a real shocker. As I opened the boot to put the seafood in the car, I found a little surprise from the last grocery shopping I did with my mother - a mushroom and a few strawberries. Accompanying them were fruit flies - YUCK! wow I can actually smell it, just by looking at the photo.



Cleaned out the car and headed home and started cooking like machines!


Course Menu:
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cooked cold prawns and oysters
- Smoked salmon salad
- Baked Prawn, Mashed Potato and Cheese
- Scallop Stirfry
- Korean Traditional Ricecake Soup (Ddok gook)
- Galbi
- Dessert: Pineapple boat Fruit salad.


Whilst I was eating, I had a sudden realisation about life which made me laugh...in disbelief. We cooked for over 6 hours, but all that food disappeared within an hour. Life is tough. We work out butts off, to be left with nothing in a matter of minutes. Yet we still do it, just to see the happiness, the satisfaction and the enjoyment that we can bring on others. I thought that was something really amazing. Amazingly disbelief-ing.


Here are a few photos from our dinner. Once again, I wish i got a shot of every dish, but I only got a few of them, well the ones we concentrated on the decoration a lot for.









3 comments:

  1. ohhh my . that pineapple thing looks insaneeee .

    and so does the layout of the seafood thingos . crazy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. um isnt that fish flounder? it was some really tasty roe. and it looks fucked up because it buries on the sea floor to hunt other fish and the eye on the bottom moves to the top. yeh.

    and a tip the next time you eat fish in general. the meat at the bottom is tastier then the meat at the top. (Y)

    raw salmon > smoked salmon

    and i lost $30 at starcity on roulette. I actually become an addicted gambler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow really? thats so...fascinating!
    but no that wasnt flounder. hahahahah

    really? another tip: the meat in the fish's heads are the tastiest overall, especially their forehead part.

    lol we lost like $50 in like 5 seconds. made us look like this --> o.O" ...

    ReplyDelete