Saturday, January 23

my this week

I've been a complete room-hermit this whole week from Sunday night through till Thursday morning, doing nothing but sitting in front of the computer and reading books in my room.
But on Thursday, this thing called '10 days with Jesus' from church started. 


Twas a very bitter session for me honestly. I did not want to be there. But for some reason, I felt that if i walked up and left, I'd be losing to the enemy, to myself, that a part of me would be ripped off and I wouldn't get it back. 
I'm sure glad I stayed, I could feel my heart melting, that this bitter cold heart I had was slowly turning warm. Cold warm, not warm warm, but it was warming.
I drove home that night and came across Scott from RSC09 on the roads :) Seeing old familiar faces certainly increased my mood to a +5.


On Friday it was my mother's 50th birthday and I left the shopping till the last minute, literally, 30 minutes. Seriously not enough time if you ask any girl. I prayed in desperation for a quick guide to the perfect present. 
I found a pair of these ivory Milana italian leather shoes. $220. Everything else had sale signs, except these. WHY?! (I only planned to spend around $100 on my mum with my brother, but these shoes were absolutely perfect I had to get them. Also cos its her big five-zero, the 'half-way mark' of her life, I needed to get them. plus her fav pair of ivory shoes randomly disappeared about a year ago) 


Mum called then and said "Don't bother buying me a present, just come home cos we have to go out to dinner in 15minutes"
I didn't tell her I was buying her a present and got grumpy that she found out. She must've heard it in my voice and she said "Okay, if you're bummed, buy me a nice nail polish cos I know some are quite pricey."


The check out lady told me these shoes were also on sale - for $84.95! WOWW! Also, the nail polish I had in mind were $15. This shopping day was perfect. Awesome bargain, done within half an hour and a perfect use of $100.
Truly it had to be God. 
Heres a picture of the shoes :D


Mother naturally LOVED them. hehehe :)


It was pouring a second ago. Despite the humidity, sweat, heat and the complaints of it all, I love hot weather - summer. I was standing at the window watching the rain fall down, hitting tiles 4 storeys below. One day I really want to wear a pair of goggles and hop outside whilst it rains and stare up at the sky to watch the rain fall down. 

4 comments:

  1. i bought my mother shoes toooooo but theyre like work shoes cause thats what she wanted . . lolss

    i got her a pair of rmks and sirens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARRGGGGHHHH i feel so bad now. I didnt know it was your mums birthday on the actual friday!!! :( i just remember u telling me wat u got for ur mum. how rude of me, and i didnt even say a happy birthday to your mum, how rude of me! i shall say it to her next time i see her, and stuff!

    btw i really liked this post. it was written really well :)
    i was like woahhhhhh its really deep! :) like you're language was very poetical i mean allusional!

    i defs have days where i hermit, and it makes me feel so much better espesh in times where i feel full zoned out.

    btw u know that song that was on flow and u kept humming, wat was the name of it? i want to download it. and i wana download that fray song u were talking it about. love the lyrics hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha wow jas, *electronic hi5*

    haha the song i was singing is "Replay" by iyaz. and the fray song is "You found me"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps: i was writing this blog while you were taking that nap on my beanbag haha

    ReplyDelete