Wednesday, January 12

PMS

Since coming back from Cambodia, I can't help but feel like a tourist in Sydney! 
So many things remind me of Cambodia and I think I'm definitely feeling PMS (Post Missions Syndrome).


Starting summer school at uni 2 days after arriving at home is definitely a no go. Processing everything that happened in Cambodia, still jet lagging, lacking sleep, and starting a Daniel fast (where you only eat veggies and fruit) has been really tough.


My day started off like this: woke up and had a cold shower at 7am because our hot water system broke down (some days I had cold showers in Cambodia, but having one in Sydney froze my brains off!)
Walked to uni for the first time which took me a good 40min cos I took the long way. Really thinking of getting a bicycle or skateboard now...


Cherishing my walk home instead of driving by quickly as I normally do, I noticed a lot of nice places to check out between uni and home.


Heres the list I made, respectively from my house to uni:
- printing service
- IGA
- Papa Joe's cafe
- BBQ chicken!! (saw this in Cambodia but didn't know Sydney had it too!)
- GJ's
- Mochi Dessert Cafe
- GPK - Gourmet Pizza Kitchen (this place is amazing)
- In Chan Thai
- Easyway
- Pappa roti (with 100% organic coffee)
- Free pool and jukebox at the pub all day
- Italian restaurant
- Dance Studio
- 85 degree cake patisserie


To finish, here are a few photos from Cambodia :)
little boys making wristbands to sell

 the girls, just before we left

 Cambodian kids playing with pebbles
 some Cambodian village kids. this girl i fell in love with

all of these green balls in each stall are watermelons! 
some were as tiny as a softball!

clouds and sun that i took from the bus


Many more to come....on facebook :D

One thing that hasn't changed yet since 2010..... is procrastination! 
Hitting up on my notes and a lot of readings for my two exams tomorrow now. let the cramming begin!

2 comments:

  1. looked like fun. good job lisa! (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it was definitely a crazy trip I'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete