So I'm currently at Singapore International Airport, on a 10 hour stop over for my flight back hom to Sydney from Cambodia.
Firstly, Happy New Year!
New Year, New Perspectives, New Life, New Visions, New Friends!
Three weeks ago, I left to Cambodia with a team of 19 other people from my church, which was again split into a team of 10 including myself.
We met some amazing people, including our Cambodian host named Vansy, and a Korean-American guy from Colorado named Daniel.
Daniel set us up with an organisation called "Grace Christian Centre" - GCC, which involves teaching high school and university kids english, korean, guitar, piano and about Jesus. The head organisers of GCC were amazing people, Lalit and David.
Its amazing how they set this up from scratch. Lalit is a Cambodian woman who is 65 years of age, and David, probably a little older, but is a white man.
They're from Australia and so it was really comforting being able to work with these people.
At GCC over lunch, Lalit and David gave us all sorts of foods including frogs, crickets, black beetles that look like cockroaches, snake and duck fetus.
wow oh wow. what an experience.
I would put up a few pictures but I'm blogging on a free internet stand at the airport so maybe I'll post it up next time.
Cambodia is amazing. The country is amazing. The people are amazing.The people that we met are amazing and so wise. We were blessed with amazing food. We saw miraculous instant healings happen before our eyes, done by God. Wow.
Dan also took us to a North-Korean restaurant in Cambodia. What an experience. I am proud to say, that I am now an official 'Korean' as i tried our delicacy - dog.
It was delish, but so hard to eat because of the culture shock in seeing these North-Koreans serve us. The vibe was just....weird. My heart broke for these waitresses, who were trapped in this small area, not knowing the rest of the world. Watching them, they reminded me of "Brave New World".
They had no emotions, they were curious about how we lived our lives, they were curious about what we did in our lives. They were almost like robots.
Wow, i could write so much more about Cambodia, but this is just a quick update about everything going on right now.
We also went to the beach in a place called Sihanoukville. Wow it was amazing and absolutely beautiful. Kind of like a lesser developed version of New Caledonia? It was amazing! We went on a cruise and went snorkeling in the middle of the ocean.
I'll update with pictures soon!
4 minutes remaining of this free internet thing.
Peace out
God is good, all the time!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment