Hello. Apparently I am a child under a leash, tied by the collar and held by my parents, which when my immaturity occasionally comes into play, I'm pulled tight and hauled back by my parents into what they call 'discipline'.
I am twenty years old, and biblically speaking, am actually an adult. (Leviticus 27:3, Numbers 1:3 because at the age of 20, they were of age to be counted to go to war.)
As CHILDREN (under 20 years), Ephesians 6:1 and Colossians 3:20 says CHILDREN obey your mother and father....
As children, under the age of 20, we MUST OBEY OUR PARENTS according to the will of God, however as soon as you hit your twenties, you are now an adult of age and need to continue to HONOUR and RESPECT them, but that doesn't necessarily mean to obey them.
In the ten commandments it says to 'HONOUR' your mother and father, not 'OBEY' them.
In the bible it says 20 years old and above defines an adult age. God said this through His Word, and so we are to obey his command. Even if you are over 20, and your thoughts and actions may be immature and not-adult-like, you are not a child anymore.
This is the problem that I am having with my parents. To them, I am still a child so they are constantly looking for ways to 'discipline' me and if I disobey them, even with the respect I give, I get labelled as a 'really naughty girl' by my parents. But on their perspective, I know I will ALWAYS, FOREVER act and think like a 'child' to them, factually because they are a few decades older and more mature than me with more experience, it is obvious they would always be wiser and more mature than me.
I just want to live like an adult in freedom, to be let loose to make all the wrong decisions and mistakes and learn from it and grow up the hard way..... I've been spoiled, spood fed and cared for WAY too much. I just wish my parents would understand me and love me less..... sort of but not really..
In my frustration of feeling leashed at the collar by my parent's and figuratively speaking, locked up like Rapunzel in her own little tower because in my parent's eyes I'm too precious to explore the world myself, I looked all over the internet for some biblical meat about an adult age which led me to this site.
http://www.bccmnm.org/webpages/When_Does_a_Person_Become_an_Adult.html
It is totally worth the read (its where I got the above biblical back up from), particularly the "Parents disciplining and Children obeying" and the "The legal system and adulthood". It has taught me a lot about how to parent and discipline my own kids when I get them in the future.
daaaang
ReplyDeleteso deep lisa.
haha
child
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for you and having to live your life like that... If you keep getting 'babied' then youll find it harder in the real life where your parents arent there anymore/
ReplyDelete